Monday, September 13, 2010

Seeing Light Through a Little Hole

   It feels like I've been trapped for what seems like forever in this box. This box is my hometown. The people may be friendly on the outside but if you were to do something, anything, that isn't the norm of Hometown, you will feel their wrath. For me, that is an almost impossibility. I have to hide myself under a mask of 2'oclock shadow and put on armor of body hair just to look like every other male in Hometown. Don't get me wrong. Its not like I don't like being male, it just that I'm female with something extra. I know you didn't need to know that but it was necessary for you know.

    Just a few weeks ago I found this little hole of light. When I look through it, I saw a new world. A world where I could finally be the person I know that I am. A strong, intelligent woman. I've already seen and felt the glimpses of that person. That was when I made the decision to go through that little hole.
    I know how to get through the how but the means is not quite there yet. I'm still trapped when I look elsewhere. Somehow this hole has granted me a power. I can now move farther in this box than I ever could.
    I still need out though. I'm just about to go crazy. I want to go through but I can't. I need to be me. Not what everyone in Hometown wants me to be.


This was something that just popped into my head about having car and yet not being able leave a small town due to that car have problems with driving farther that 10 miles.

1 comment: